Cristiano reminds Atlético fans how many Champions Leagues he has won
The Juventus forward held up all five fingers to Atlético de Madrid fans who were chanting at him in tonight's match at the Wanda: "Cristiano dodges taxes!".
Cristiano Ronaldo refused to be intimidated by the Wanda Metropolitano this evening - even when Atlético fans broke into a chant "Cristiano owes the tax man", alluding to the former Real Madrid player's problems with the Spanish income tax office and "Cristiano, w*****". Those chants were met with a response from Cristiano, who casually held up all five fingers of one hand possibly to remind them of the five Champions League he has won during his career - and the number of times he has been awarded the Ballon d'Or.
For those who missed it the first time, Cristiano repeated his gesture in the Mixed Zone after the match. "I've got five, Atleti, none".
It was certainly a talking point during his first visit to the Wanda since his departure from Real Madrid last summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?