Álvaro Benito sacked as Juvenil B coach as Raúl steps into the role
The Real Madrid legend joined the club this season and has already worked his way up the ranks after Benito was sacked for some comments made regarding El Clásico.
Alvaro Benito has left his role as the manager of Real Madrid's Juvenil B side. The sacking was caused by some comments made by the former coach that did not sit well with the club's board after the Copa elimination against Barcelona on Wednesday night in his role as a pundit.
Raúl González, who was managing the Cadete B side, will be his substitute and will debut this weekend against Leganés B. Benito leaves the team in a healthy position as they sit second in the league, one point off Atlético Madrid and with a game in hand.
He had been at the club for three seasons after managing youth teams at Collado Villalba. His start came at the youngest age groups of Real Madrid's La Fabrica and the former footballer eventually stepped up to the Juvenil B side, which he managed until Wednesday.
Having made his debut under Jorge Valdano in a game against Rayo Vallecano, he suffered a serious knee injury which brought his playing career to an end and he would end up getting surgery on it around 10 times in total.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win