The Bernabéu has had enough: Bale jeered, Isco cheered
Real Madrid’s Welsh forward was mostly anonymous during Saturday night’s Clásico and was whistled when he was substituted.
The Santiago Bernabéu has had enough of Gareth Bale. Real Madrid’s Welsh forward was in the starting line-up for the Clásico on Saturday evening, but had another poor showing, offering little going forward and doing nothing to support Carvajal behind him when Barcelona were on the offensive. And the Real Madrid fans let him know their feelings when he was substituted in the 61st minute for Asensio. Bale was furiously whistled and jeered by the supporters in the ground, with only a few fans showing some support with a little timid applause. When Asensio came on he was given a solid ovation.
Isco shown the love by the Bernabéu
Just after Bale came off, Isco came out to warm up and he was instantly greeted by songs of support from the Bernabéu stands. And when the player from Málaga came on for Casemiro in the 75th minute he was greeted with a tremendous ovation. Isco hadn’t played since 3 February against Alavés (3 minutes). He suffered a back injury just after that match and didn’t recover until this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?