Prison break foiled during Porto - Benfica
10 prisoners in the Castelo Branco jail made a bid for freedom during the Portuguese Clásico.
Porto and Benfica played the latest edition of the Portuguese Clásico on Saturday evening, a game which sees the entire country paralysed. And 10 prisoners in the Castelo Branco jail decided to take advantage of the match, in the hope the prison guards would be too distracted by the match to spot them making a hole in the wall of their cell and making a bid for freedom. However, their attempted prison break was foiled by two guards who had ignored the siren call of the Porto - Benfica match on the TV and had stuck to their duties and were doing their rounds during the match.
Guards raise the alarm after spotting hole
The guards raised the alarm upon spotting a hole in the cell where the 10 prisoners were being held. Julio Rebelo, spokesman for the prison guard services said the guards had discovered the hole in the wall of the cell and acted immediately to “prevent the prison break”. Two of the prisoners behind the attempted escape were transferred to another prison.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports,
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Opening ceremony at Tokyo Olympics 2021: performing artists, times, TV, stream and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OlYMPIC GAMES Why is the UK called Great Britain in the Olympics? What's the difference?
- OLYMPIC GAMES 2021 What are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics mascots? What are their meanings?