Real Madrid: Odegaard keen on move to Ajax
The Real Madrid midfielder, on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, said he would not rule out a move to the Johan Cruyff Arena in the summer.
Real Madrid face Ajax in the return leg of the Champions League last 16 on Tuesday and one player on the Bernabéu’s books isn’t ruling out a move to the Dutch giants in the near future: Martin Odegaard.
The Norway midfielder is on loan at Vitesse Arnhem in the Eredivisie in what is his second spell in the Dutch top flight after a previous stint at Heerenveen and there has been speculation in the Netherlands that Ajax could be interested in a deal for the 20-year-old at the end of the season.
Erik ten Hag’s side are noted for their policy of mixing youth with experience and will lose Frenkie de Jong to Barcelona in the summer, with the futures of Matthijs de Ligt, Kasper Dolberg and Donny van de Beek also up in the air.
Odegaard: "Ajax? who knows..."
Asked during an interview with Dutch media outlet Voetbal International about a potential move to the Johan Cruyff Arena, Odegaard resonded: “Ajax…who knows?”
Odegaard’s stock has risen again during his time with Vitesse and although he has stated he would like to return to fight for a place at the Bernabéu, the plight of Brahim Díaz may have altered his current thinking.
“In the summer I’ll go back to Madrid and we’ll see what they want to do,” Odegaard added.
Ajax were among a host of European sides to court Odegaard when he exploded onto the scene at the age of 15, with Madrid eventually tying up a deal for the then 16-year-old in January 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July