Marcelo's wife posts enigmatic Instagram message after UCL exit
Clarice Alves published a quote from US author Marc Chernoff analysing the impact of being surrounded by "negative people".
Real Madrid said farewell to the 2018/19 season at the Santiago Bernabeu last night with the 1-4 defeat to Ajax signalling an exit from the Champions League. The loss comes after two back to back defeats to Barcelona in the Copa del Rey and subsequently in LaLiga on Saturday.
Shortly after the match Marcelo's wife Clarice Alves took to her Instagram account and posted an enigmatic message quoting the words of author Marc Chernoff with many analysts reading between the lines suggesting that Marcelo's time with the club from the capital is coming to an end. The message was also posted with the location visible...Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.
"When someone treats you like you’re just one of many options, help them narrow their choice by removing yourself from the equation. Sometimes you have to try not to care, no matter how much you do. Because sometimes you can mean almost nothing to someone who means so much to you.
It’s not pride – it’s self-respect. Don’t expect to see positive changes in your life if you surround yourself with negative people. Don’t give part-time people a full-time position in your life. Know your value and what you have to offer, and never settle for anything less than what you deserve."
The player has been linked with Serie A side Juventus on a number of occasions during the current season with the prospect of linking up with former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo one of the factors luring the Brazilian to any potential move to Turin.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online