Neymar could be suspended for three games
The PSG star raged against the referees after his side were knocked out of the Champions League thanks to a late VAR awarded penalty.
Neymar's angry reaction on social media after PSG were knocked out of the Champions League by Manchester United could see him pay a heavy price. The Brazilian could be hit with a three match ban after he criticised the referee's performance in awarding a penalty for a handball by Kimpembe.
Neymar rages at referee
This is a disgrace. They put four guys who don't understand football to analyse an incident... It's not a penalty. Go fuck yourselves" wrote the striker on Instagram. The message likely contravenes article 11 of UEFA's disciplinary code which prohibits insults or any other behaviour which violates basic rules of conduct.
In January UEFA punished Lovren for his statements on Instagram bragging about elbowing Sergio Ramos and making insulting comments about the Spanish national side. Lovren was suspended for Croatia's next UEFA competition match, the qualifier at home to Azerbaijan in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Arsenal: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Bellerin: Ceballos is "one of the best players I've ever seen"
- Liverpool - Arsenal Aubameyang: Arsenal trio "close enough" to Salah, Sané, Firmino
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern back in for Marc Roca as Sanches exit nears
- Guardiola: I doubted milestone man David Silva before City move
- Dybala will never be a problem for Juventus – Nedved
Lo más visto
Modric ban leaves Zidane with a dilemma
Real Madrid feel patience the key to Neymar signing
Real Madrid abolish 'fear clause' for loanees