Neymar: Madrid ready to offer €350 million for PSG star
Catalan daily Sport reports that Florentino Perez is ready to pay PSG 350 million euros to for their Brazilian star, whom Madrid will offer a contract worth 45 million a year.
Florentino Perez has already spoken over the phone to Neymar to tell him that Real Madrid wants to sign him in the summer. And to do so, the Madrid president is ready to offer his employers PSG 350 million euros, according to Catalan daily Sport.
The Brazilian star currently has three years left on his contract with PSG, on which he earns 36 million euros per year. Sport claims that Peréz will offer him 45 million euros per season to lead the revitalization project under, presumably, a new manager at the Bernabéu next season.
After enjoying Carnival celebrations in Rio de Janeiro earlier this week before returning to Paris to watch PSG’s Champions League defeat to Manchester United on Wednesday, Neymar flew to Qatar to receive treatment on a foot injury that has kept him out of action since late January.
PSG owners will try to convince Neymar to stay
The 27-year-old is there to visit the Aspetar clinic, a specialized orthopaedic and sports medicine hospital, in Doha during his three-day stay in the Qatari capital. PSG owners QSi are expected to meet with him to discuss his future while he is in Doha, in a bid to convince him to stay in Paris.
In an interview earlier this week in Brazil with Esporte Espetacular, Neymar said he was “happy” in Paris, but didn’t rule out a future move to Real Madrid.
“Real Madrid is one of the biggest clubs in the world and any player would want to play there. I’m happy in Paris, I’m really good, but nobody knows the future,” said the Brazil international, who joined PSG from Barcelona for a world record fee of 222 million euros in 2017, after two season at Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win