Cristiano Ronaldo avoids USA this summer to avoid being detained
Juventus will play their pre-season games in the International Champions Cup outside the US. Ronaldo is currently under investigation for rape.
Cristiano Ronaldo won't play in the United States of America during this summer's pre-season, as reported by the New York Times on 20 March. The International Champions Cup released their fixture list for this summer's games this afternoon, Wednesday, and as predicted Juventus will play their three games outside the US to avoid the risk of their star striker being detained over rape allegations.
Ronaldo under investigation for rape
Ronaldo is currently under investigation by the Las Vegas police after former model Kathryn Mayorga claimed the Portuguese footballer had raped her in a hotel room in Las Vegas in 2009 and subsequently paid her $375,000 to buy her silence. Ronaldo and his lawyers have denied the rape allegations made by Mayorga.
Juventus will play Tottenham Hotspur in Singapore, Inter Milan in China and finish their participation in the tournament against Atlético Madrid in Sweden.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United