Atlético Madrid in for Wendell
Atlético Madrid have started to look for Lucas replacements and turn to Germany where Wendell is seen as an option from Bayer Leverkusen.
Atlético Madrid have actively started looking for a Lucas Hernández replacement (and possibly Filipe Luis) and their sights have fixed on Wendell, the 25-year-old Bayer Leverkusen left-back.
The interest in the Brazilian is not new. The club sounded out the player a number of seasons ago and have enquired again very recently, As can report. The German side, who have rejected offers from PSG and Roma last summer, seemed more open to negotiating than before.
That is because the club entered the current season with the objective being to make the Champions League, something they haven't achieved since the 2016-17 season. They didn't want to sell anyone this past summer but that might change this year.
Bayer might be forced to sell their best
They have suffered through a disappointing season and can not ignore the interests of their players including Wendell, Brandt, Havertz, Tah or Bailey.
And the club are looking for replacements already. According to Bild, the club have reached an agreement to sign the full-back Douglas Santos from Hamburg.
Atlético are not the only side interested in the player, however, who has been a long-term target of Monchi. AS Roma remain interested and Dortmund see the Brazilian as a solution for their issue on the left also.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win