Zidane: "If Pogba wants to come to Real Madrid why shouldn’t he?"
The Real Madrid coach spoke ahead of their LaLiga match against Huesca on Sunday evening and freely confessed to his admiration for the French player.
Real Madrid coach Zindine Zidane spoke to the press after his squad’s final training session ahead of Sunday’s LaLiga match against Huesca at 20:45 and discussed Manchester United player Paul Pogba and the possibility of the French player moving to the Spanish capital, a transfer that’s been widely discussed since Zidane took over from Solari as Real Madrid coach.
Zidane expresses admiration for Pogba
“I like Pogba a lot, it’s nothing new. I know him personally. He’s a different kind of player, he brings so much and they are few players who bring as much as he does. He’s a midfielder who knows how to defend and how to attack. He knows how to do everything on the pitch. He’s not part of my squad, he plays at United and what’s he’s said about Real Madrid and his desire to come here if one day he gets the chance when he wants to leave United… and if when he finishes his experience at United he wants to come here why shouldn’t he come to Real Madrid”.
Like Zidane never went away
Zidane also said he’s feeling good with the squad, despite not having spent much time with them yet since coming back in as coach and he agreed with Casemiro’s statement that he’d “never left”, saying “I had that feeling. I stayed here. I watched all the games. It’s been tough for me because I took the decision to leave, but I saw everything, because Madrid and Real Madrid are my home. The Spaniards have been wonderful with me and life here is good”.
As to whether his son Luca Zidane would play tomorrow, Zidane simply smiled and said: “He’s one of the keepers. Tomorrow we’ll see who starts…”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?