Alcacer injury time brace puts Dortmund two points clear
Paco Alcacer scored twice late in the game to gave Borussia Dortmund a 2-0 victory over VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday and put them two points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
Spanish striker Alcacer scored twice late in the game to gave Borussia Dortmund a 2-0 victory over VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday and put them two points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
Alcacer fired a 90th minute free-kick from the edge of the box and added another in stoppage time to lift Dortmund to 63 points, with Bayern, whom they face next week, on 61 after their 1-1 draw at Freiburg.
With captain Marco Reus a last-minute absence due to the imminent birth of his first child, Dortmund rarely had a chance in a lacklustre first half.
A pigeon that had camped in the Dortmund box and stubbornly refusing to leave was by far the most interesting incident until the break.
Dortmund picked up the pace after the break but neither Jadon Sancho nor Raphael Guerreiro could beat Wolfsburg keeper Koen Casteels until Spaniard Alcacer struck twice to take his tally to 16 this season and put Dortmund back on top
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick