Atlético: Griezmann "1,000 per cent" staying, insists Cerezo
Atlético Madrid's president has quashed rumours that Antoine Griezmann wants to leave the club, insisting he is going nowhere.
Antoine Griezmann will "1,000 per cent" be at Atlético Madrid next season, according to the club's president Enrique Cerezo.
Griezmann again linked with summer departure
Speculation has once again surfaced in recent weeks that the France international will attempt to engineer a move away from the club at the end of the season.
Barcelona would appear to be the most likely destination, given their very public interest in the 28-year-old before he committed his future to Atleti ahead of last year's World Cup.
Speaking to Spanish TV show El Rondo, Cerezo said: "I can confirm 1,000 per cent that he will remain an Atlético Madrid player next season."
Atlético face Barcelona in LaLiga this weekend
Griezmann is likely to line up against Girona in LaLiga on Tuesday before Atleti travel to league leaders Barça on Saturday.
The World Cup winner has scored 18 goals in 40 appearances across all competitions this season for Diego Simeone's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United