PSG: Dani Alves wants transfer access before signing new deal
The Brazilian right back is stalling on a new contract but not over money or disagreements with the board: he would simply like to see a list of names.
Dani Alves’ PSG contract expires at the end of the current season and although the Brazilian and the board at the Parc des Princes, as well as Thomas Tuchel, are all keen to reach an agreement on a new deal for the 35-year-old right back, negotiations have come to a halt in recent weeks.
It seemed as though Alves was happy to put pen to paper on a new contract of one year with an optional second but according to Le Parisien the player has laid out a few demands before he commits his future to the club. These are not financial in nature, the French daily reports, but concern ins and outs at the club this summer. In essence, Alves would like to see a list of transfer targets and those who are going to be sold by PSG. Only then will he make his decision, having previously stated he wouldn’t rule out a stint in the Premier League at some stage of his career.
Read also: PSG keen to sign Varane
Alves wants Champions League glory with PSG
Since returning from a serious knee injury that saw him miss the World Cup, Alves has been in fine form for PSG, who have profited from his versatility. Alves has played at right back, further forward on the wing and as a defensive midfielder during a spate of injuries at the Parc des Princes, providing four assists in 21 appearances so far and he remains a firm fan favourite.
Alves has announced his intention to retire after the 2022 World Cup and is currently the player with the most titles in the history of the game. His principle aim – and that of PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi – is to add to his haul of three Champions League victories, all achieved with Barcelona. Before signing a new deal, Alves wants assurances that Neymar and Kylian Mbappé will not be sold and also wants to know who will be brought in to replace Thomas Meunier, with the Belgium right back looking likely to leave the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?