Sterling, Depay, Balotelli... Bonucci under fire over racism
A variety of footballers, clubs and commentators have come out against the Juventus defender following his post-match comments on the Kean abuse.
The racist chants directed towards Moise Kean from a minority in the Sardegna Arena during the Cagliari-Juventus match has rightly been condemned across the footballing world and beyond. However, comments made by his teammate Leonardo Bonucci after the match have not been appreciated.
Bonucci rebuked for Kean comments
With the ugly head of racism rearing once again, the Juve forward has received plenty of support following the incident, with more action from the authorities around Europe being called on to punish and educate. This particular moment arose when kean scored to put his team two goals ahead and he celebrated in front of the home fans, and abuse rained down from sections of the stand.
This is not acceptable in football or anywhere in the world. Well done to @moisekean for standing up to them and showing them who is boss. The world would be a better place if we all shared more love no matter what. #ILoveThisGame 🙏 https://t.co/4ZS43n7f6w— Patrice Evra (@Evra) 3 de abril de 2019
After the match, Leonardo Bonucci was interviewed, and instead of solely focusing attention on the racist abuse, criticised the attitude of his teammate, and the vehemence of his celebration: "The fault is 50% the fans and 50% Kean," he said.
The defender took to Instagram on Wednesday, posting an anti-racism message, but has received considerable negative responses for his statements, including from Raheem Sterling and Mario Balotelli who have been particularly vocal on the subject. The latter pointed his reply to Kean himself saying, "Tell Bonucci he was lucky I wasn't there."
There were also responses posted on social media from Borussia Dortmund, Kevin Prince-Boateng among others. We await to see if those in charge
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?