Pelé recovery going well: "I think I'm ready to play again!"
The former Brazilian sent a message to fans after being admitted to hospital in Paris, and in it joked that he could be ready to get back to scoring ways.
Brazil football legend, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pelé, is feeling "much better" following treatment for a urinary tract infection in a French hospital.
Thank you for all your love! The anti-biotics are working and the tests are all ☑. I feel so much better, I think I'm ready to play again!— Pelé (@Pele) 5 de abril de 2019
Muito obrigado por todo o amor! Os antibióticos estão fazendo efeito e os exames estão todos ☑. Eu estou me sentindo muito melhor e acho que estou pronto para jogar de novo!— Pelé (@Pele) 5 de abril de 2019
Pelé ready to play again
It was confirmed on Wednesday that the 78-year-old had been given a course of antibiotics after falling ill.
Pelé was in Paris to attend a sponsor event with Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé.
A tweet posted on the three-time World Cup winner's Twitter account read: "Thank you for all your love! The anti-biotics are working and the tests are all."
Pelé is generally accepted as one of the greatest players in football history and joked his treatment had worked so well he felt ready to grace the field once again.
"I feel so much better, I think I'm ready to play again!" he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?