Ronaldinho's son hid identity during trial at Cruzeiro
João Mendes de Assis Moreira, 14, has just penned a six-year deal with the Brazilian club but did not mention who his father was when he turned up.
João Mendes de Assis Moreira, more commonly known as “son of Ronaldinho”, nonetheless decided not to mention he was the progeny of the World Cup-winning Brazilian great when he turned up for a trial at Cruzeiro.
Doubtless not wishing to be compared to one of the most skillful players ever to kick a ball, 14-year-old João decided to try out for the Brasileiro side incognito.
Ronaldinho Jr "didnt mention who his dad is"
“Even though he is Ronaldinho’s kid, João Mendes did his trial without telling anyone who his dad is. On his own merit, with his own talent, the lad passed his trial and only afterwards did he mention his parentage,” club officials said afterwards.
After the successful trial, João Mendes was handed a six-year deal at the club, who are the historical rivals of the team that Ronaldinho played for across three seasons between 2012 and 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?