Dembélé passed fit for Manchester United versus Barcelona
Having been named in Barcelona's squad despite not receiving medical clearance, Ousmane Dembélé has now been passed fit.
Ousmane Dembélé has been given the medical all-clear by Barcelona, meaning the forward is available to face Manchester United in the Champions League.
Dembélé has not played since he suffered a torn hamstring after coming off the bench against Lyon in the last round on March 13.
Barca boss Ernesto Valverde accepted he had risked Dembélé's fitness and the France international was expected to miss both legs of the quarter-final against United.
Dembélé welcome boost for Barcelona
But the forward returned to training earlier than anticipated and he was included in Barca's travelling squad for Wednesday's first leg at Old Trafford.
He has now been passed fit for the game following a training session on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old's return is a welcome boost for Barca as they seek to win the treble, having reached the Copa del Rey final and all-but guaranteed the LaLiga title by defeating nearest rivals Atletico Madrid at the weekend.
Dembélé has scored eight LaLiga goals and a further three in the Champions League this term, with Barca seeking to reach their first final in the competition since 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online