Rabiot: Real Madrid boss Zidane says no to move for PSG man
Zinedine Zidane is not keen on a swoop for the Paris Saint-Germain contract rebel, whose wage demands would have been a problem.
Real Madrid won't be signing Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot in the forthcoming transfer window.
Rabiot asking for too much money, Zidane keen on other targets
The possibility of Rabiot arriving at the Bernabéu is understood to have been scotched by a combination of the Frenchman's wage demands and Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane's desire to focus on other targets such as Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Chelsea's N'Golo Kanté.
Rabiot's list of summer suitors shrinking
After it was confirmed that the player is to leave PSG when his contract expires in June, the expectation was that he would have a raft of possible destinations to choose from. However, with another potential suitor now ending their interest, uncertainty is growing over his future beyond the summer.
Barcelona also tipped for Rabiot deal before ending interest
Barcelona were also linked with Rabiot before turning their attentions elsewhere, while the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan, Tottenham, United and Bayern Munich have all been tipped for a swoop, but are yet to make a firm move.
And it is felt that the tough negotiating stance adopted by Rabiot's advisers is working against the 24-year-old, who has been capped six times by France.
Having opted to run down his PSG deal and depart on a free, Rabiot has not played for the Ligue 1 side since a Champions League win over Red Star Belgrade in December.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?