Agüero: 20th Premier League goal puts striker in elite company
Manchester City's Sergio Agüero became the first player since Thierry Henry to score 20 or more in five successive Premier League seasons.
Manchester City's Sergio Agüero joined Thierry Henry in scoring 20 goals or more in five successive Premier League campaigns on Sunday.
Agüero's goal earns title-chasing City narrow win at Burnley
Agüero's was the solitary strike as Manchester City won 1-0 against Burnley in a tight contest at Turf Moor.
It was far from a vintage Agüero goal - Matthew Lowton just unable to keep the ball from going over the line after making a desperate block.
20 - Sergio Agüero is only the second player in @premierleague history to score 20+ goals in five consecutive campaigns, after Thierry Henry between 2001-02 and 2005-06. Legends. #BURMCI pic.twitter.com/5o0MSDtcgL— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 28, 2019
Equals Henry feat achieved back in 2006
Nevertheless, the goal stood after confirmation from goal-line technology, making Agüero the first player since Arsenal great Henry in 2005-06 to take his tally to at least 20 for five successive seasons.
Agüero also closed in on Premier League top scorer Mohamed Salah, who leads the way with 21 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick