Aduriz agrees one-year Athletic Bilbao extension
Athletic Bilbao have handed their veteran striker, who will celebrate his 39th birthday next February, a contract for the 2019-20 season.
Aritz Aduriz has signed a contract extension at Athletic Bilbao that will see him play beyond his 39th birthday.
Veteran striker Aduriz on Wednesday agreed a one-year deal to take part in a 12th season for Athletic, which have been split between three separate spells.
Aduriz still on Messi's tail
157 – Of current LaLiga players, only Leo Messi (419) has scored more goals than Aritz Aduriz in the competition (157). Eternal. pic.twitter.com/SIJbqG1sjw— OptaJose (@OptaJose) May 22, 2019
The former Valencia player has made 390 appearances and scored 171 goals for the club, four of which came over two legs in the 2015 Supercopa de Espana victory over Barcelona - the only trophy he has won at San Mamés.
Aduriz, who turns 39 in February, has twice been the highest-scoring Spanish player in LaLiga but only notched two in 2018-19 as he transitioned to being more of a squad player.
Athletic also announced on Wednesday that goalkeeper Alex Remiro will not return next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win