Lionel Messi set to launch his own fashion brand
The initiative is a joint venture between Leo Messi Management and Tommy Hilfiger's sister with the Argentine player's sister Maria Sol to play a key role in the project.
Lionel Messi is poised to move into the world of fashion with the first line of products from his new clothing range to be launched in July of this year.
The exclusive line will be launched as a result of an alliance between Leo Messi Management and Ginny Hilfiger, sister of prestigious US designer Tommy Hilfiger and director of MGO. Messi's sister María Sol will be the focal point representing the player with the 25-year-old being instrumental in the creative aspect of the project.
The brand is set to be a menswear lifestyle line with a sporty feel with the range set to be launched via the online portal 'The Messi Store'.
'ESPN' add that a limited quantity of items will be personally signed by the Barcelona player as part of the launch campaign with certain products set to be given limited edition releases and these will compliment the core range of items.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The new initiative comes following the player's links with Adidas, Cirque de Soleil and the forthcoming Lionel Messi Experience theme park which is set to open in Nanjing (China) in 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?