Champions League: Liverpool parade trophy to huge crowds
After Saturday's 2-0 defeat of Tottenham in Madrid, Champions League winners Liverpool have returned home to a stunning welcome.
Liverpool have paraded the Champions League trophy through the city's streets.
Salah, Origi goals earn Reds' sixth European crown
Jürgen Klopp broke his Anfield silverware duck as his Reds won 2-0 in Saturday's final against Tottenham in Madrid.
A sixth European Cup crown was secured thanks to goals from Mohamed Salah and substitute Divock Origi.
"This has already surpassed my expectations" - Van Dijk
Liverpool's celebrations look set to continue for some time, though key defender Virgil van Dijk is among those who will have to cut them short for international duty and the Nations League Finals.
"It's amazing, it's really special. I'm really proud to be sitting on this coach but hopefully we will have more days like this," Van Dijk said. "I expect a lot but this has already surpassed my expectations.
"Half an hour [sleep] maybe but it's all worth it. I am not sure I will get much tonight either. Tomorrow I will have to focus more because I am back in training with Holland and we face England.
"I shed a tear at the end of the game. I am proud of the team. Proud of these boys. It's just amazing."
Tens of thousands of Liverpool fans lined the streets of the city as players including Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson soaked up the atmosphere.
Liverpool take on Chelsea in August's Super Cup
Liverpool can now enjoy a well-earned break before the start of the 2019-20 Premier League season and their UEFA Super Cup clash with Chelsea in August.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?