Zidane wants Brahim, the club have a different plan
The Real Madrid manager sees Brahim as a very good option in his squad for next season but the club would prefere a loan deal to help him develop.
The coldness shown to Vinicius by Zidane is contrasted by the determination he has shown to incorporate Brahim Díaz into his plans. It's another point of contention at the club as they look to rebuild after a miserable year.
The manager wants the 19-year-old in his squad next season. The confidence he has in the former City starlet was built upon at the end of the season when Brahim got minutes and impressed the boss when others cemented their status as surplus to requirements.
Zidane loves Brahim and wants him to stay
"He's enamoured with Brahim," is the message coming from the club. Those highest up at Real Madrid believe the best option for him is to go on loan with Vinicius and Rodrygo selected as another pair that could follow such a path.
Zidane sees him as a very good option amongst his 25-man squad though.
From Brahim's perspective, he wants to stay and succeed too. "I want to be at Madrid and I want to play at the best club in the world," he said after the game against Real Sociedad in which he scored a goal.
"I like that he always supports and uses his both feet," said Ziane. "He likes to be involved in link-up play... he is a good player, very interesting and young. We will see what happens next year but at the moment, he has had minutes and has done really well."
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United