Moussa Diaby: Bayer Leverkusen snap up PSG prospect
Paris Saint-Germain youngster Moussa Diaby has left the Ligue 1 champions to join Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen on a five-year contract.
Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed the signing of Moussa Diaby from Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.
Diaby made 34 appearances across all competitions last season for Thomas Tuchel's side, scoring four times.
But the France Under-20 forward has now completed a switch to Germany, with Leverkusen signing the 19-year-old winger for a reported fee of €15 million.
Diaby: "It's great to be in the Champions League as well"
“Moussa Diaby is an extremely quick and technically strong attacker, whose qualities fit perfectly into our playing philosophy.” - Simon Rolfes pic.twitter.com/3STfxK59qT— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) 14 June 2019
Diaby becomes Leverkusen's second signing ahead of 2019-20, following Kerem Demirbay's arrival from fellow Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, though Julian Brandt has left the club to join Borussia Dortmund.
"The move abroad into one of the best and most balanced leagues in Europe is extremely exciting," Diaby, who has signed a five-year deal at the BayArena, told Leverkusen's official website.
"I am very curious about Germany, the special football here and the great stadiums. And of course it's great to be in the Champions League as well."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?