Juan Mata renews contract with Manchester United
After being widely tipped to be heading for the Old Trafford exit door, Juan Mata has agreed to extend his deal with Manchester United.
Juan Mata has renewed his contract with Manchester United.
The Spanish international, whose deal was set to expire on June 30, has decided to extend his relationship with the Old Trafford outfit for one more season.
The Red Devils have also offered Mata a proposal to remain linked to the club when he finally decides to hang up his boots.
📝 - Juan Mata— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) 7 de junio de 2019
⬅ - Ander Herrera
⬅ - Antonio Valencia
Mata stays as Herrera and Valencia depart
On 7 June, United reported on its website that it had offered the 31-year-old a new contract. And ten days after the start of negotiations, the Spaniard has agreed to sign a new deal.
The club have already confirmed that Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia, whose current contracts end on June 30, will leave Old Trafford this summer.
Herrera has signed for Paris Saint Germain, while Valencia has yet to confirm his future.
Mata signed for United in January 2014 from Chelsea after the return of Jose Mourinho to the bench at Stamford Bridge, and was coincidentally reunited with the Portuguese coach when he took over at Old Trafford.
Mata is a well-liked figure at the club, which is why United's owners have presented him with a proposal to stay linked to Old Trafford once he retires.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS LAFC boss Bob Bradley keen to push Carlos Vela to the limit
- US NEWS Unemployment Benefits: What has the White House said about the effects of ending payments early?
- COPA AMERICA Brazil v Colombia: Selecao out to secure top spot
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group D: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- BOXING What is Deontay Wilder's boxing record?
- VACCINE LOTTERY $1M Louisiana Vaccine Lottery: how to enter and sign up