Dortmund agree deal with Bayern for Mats Hummels return
Die Schwarzgelben are set to boost an inexperienced defence with the return of World Cup winner Mats Hummels to his former club.
Mats Hummels is set to return to Borussia Dortmund in a deal worth a reported €30.5 million after a transfer agreement with Bayern Munich was announced by the Bundesliga champions.
Hummels, 30, started his career at Bayern before moving to the Westfalenstadion in 2008, initially on loan and later on a permanent transfer for €4m. Hummels went on to make over 300 appearances for Dortmund, winning two Bundesliga titles and a DfB Pokal during an eight-season career in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Hummels becomes Dortmund's record signing
Official: Mats Hummels is set to join Borussia Dortmund. pic.twitter.com/FgV4Bjopfl— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) 19 June 2019
Hummels then returned to Bayern in 2016 for a fee of €35m and went on to claim a further three Bundesliga titles and another domestic cup at the Bavarian giants.
Now, in possibly a first instance of a player moving between two clubs on three occasions with no loans elsewhere in between, Hummels will rejoin Dortmund under the tutelage of Lucien Favre on a two-year contract after last year’s Bundesliga runners-up stumped up a club record fee, which exceeds the €30m they paid Wolfsburg for André Schürrle in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win