Ajax rule out Odegaard but Bundesliga remains possible
After a conversation with Marc Overmars, the sporting director of Ajax, the club have ruled out the possibility of a deal but Bundesliga team are monitoring the situation.
In the last number of months, several teams have shown an interested in signing Martin Odegaard. The 20-year-old was linked with a move to Ajax most recently but the club have ruled out the possibility of a deal.
The player had a long chat with Overmars and after the conversation, the sporting director decided against pursuing the club's interest in the attacker. He had been mentioned as a replacement for Hakim Ziyech, who is linked with a move away from last year's Champions League semi-finalists.
Odegaard could be Bundesliga-bound
That doesn't end it, however, as Bayer Leverkusen remain interested. The possibility of a loan deal remains on the table or the option to buy with a buy-back clause included in the deal. Real Madrid would be willing to let him go to Leverkusen where Dani Carvajal had a good experience. They also qualified for the Champions League for the coming year.
The deal will have to be done soon with Odegaard himself pushing for a conclusion in the last few weeks. There is word that the player and his father landed in Düsseldorf on Thursday morning to finalise a deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?