Neymar: PSG ready to accept money-back Barcelona deal
Le Parisien has reported that Paris Saint-Germain will settle for recouping the 222m euros they paid to sign Neymar in 2017.
Neymar is desperate to return to Barcelona from Paris Saint-Germain and, it seems, the Ligue 1 champions are just as eager to offload the Brazilian.
PSG just want their money back for Neymar - Le Parisien
According to a report in the French publication Le Parisien today, PSG are now willing to settle for recouping the 222 million euros they paid to sign the forward from the LaLiga giants in a world-record transfer in summer 2017.
Yesterday, Barça vice-president Jordi Cardoner confirmed that the club's board are aware of Neymar's desire to move back to the Camp Nou, commenting: "There is willingness on the part of the player and now we have to decide.
"The media have pushed this information along at speed but the decision lies with us and we do not know if it will come to pass or not."
Neymar ready to accept pay cut, says Sport
With Barça not interested in a deal for the 27-year-old unless they can negotiate favourable financial terms, the player would be required to take a pay cut to make the transfer happen, and recent reports in Catalonia say he is ready to.
The newspaper Sport says that Neymar is willing to accept a salary of 24 million euros a year back at Barcelona - six million less than he picks up in Paris.
The Blaugrana also want the player to drop a lawsuit filed against the club over an unpaid bonus, and publicly acknowledge that he was wrong to leave for PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?