Juventus appear to tease De Ligt signing
The Serie A giants are said to be close a deal for Matthijs de Ligt and the club are now hinting that big news is in offing under the title 'Ignite our tomorrow'
Juventus appear to be hinting they've done a deal to bring Matthijs de Ligt to the Allianz Stadium. The Ajax captain is said to be close to joining Juventus and the Serie A champions were hinting today, Sunday that there was a major announcement coming.
Clubs chasing De Ligt
Netherlands centre-back De Ligt has been at the centre of one of the close-season's most intriguing transfer sagas after leading Ajax to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
Ajax knocked out Juve on their way to the last four with De Ligt subsequently linked with clubs including Manchester United, Liverpool and Barcelona – the latter having already swooped for club and country team-mate Frenkie de Jong.
De Ligt's agent Mino Raiola denied earlier in the month that he had finalised a transfer to take his client to Paris Saint-Germain and Juve are now said to be frontrunners to seal a deal for the 19-year-old, with a deal potentially ready to be confirmed on Monday.
De Ligt ready to ignite Juventus' tomorrow?
And on Sunday, Juve's official club Twitter account posted an intriguing message that hinted at a major announcement to be made on July 1 - the same date.
"Ignite our tomorrow," said a tweet accompanied by a short video clip.
Ajax were said to be holding out for a fee close to €75million for De Ligt.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?