Euro u-21 Final
Spain are U-21 Euro champions
Goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo were enough to seal the deserved title, and a late Amiri strike proved to be just a consolation.
A slick Spain side took their revenge on Germany as they lifted the European Under-21 Championship title with a 2-1 win thanks to goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo on Sunday.
The Spaniards had suffered a 1-0 defeat by the Germans in the 2017 final but dominated this year's showpiece at the Stadio Friuli until a late Nadiem Amiri consolation for the Germans. Fabián scored after eight minutes with a low shot into the corner and Olmo got the second in the 69th by dinking the ball over keeper Alexander Nuebel who failed to hold Fabián's drive.
Spain's Carlos Soler hit the bar in the 81st before Almiri's fine late strike but the Spaniards held on to celebrate a fifth Euro under-21 title to equal the tournament record which they now share with Italy. Andrea Pirlo presented De la Fuente's Spain side with the trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Eden Hazard on the bench for LaLiga clash vs. Levante
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Valencia: how and where to watch - times, tv, online
- Liverpool Salah video post laughs off alleged tension with Mane
- RCD MALLORCA Kubo makes home LaLiga debut as Mallorca draw
- Serie A Sarri responds after Emre Can omission outburst
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim