Euro u-21 Final
Spain are U-21 Euro champions
Goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo were enough to seal the deserved title, and a late Amiri strike proved to be just a consolation.
A slick Spain side took their revenge on Germany as they lifted the European Under-21 Championship title with a 2-1 win thanks to goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo on Sunday.
The Spaniards had suffered a 1-0 defeat by the Germans in the 2017 final but dominated this year's showpiece at the Stadio Friuli until a late Nadiem Amiri consolation for the Germans. Fabián scored after eight minutes with a low shot into the corner and Olmo got the second in the 69th by dinking the ball over keeper Alexander Nuebel who failed to hold Fabián's drive.
Spain's Carlos Soler hit the bar in the 81st before Almiri's fine late strike but the Spaniards held on to celebrate a fifth Euro under-21 title to equal the tournament record which they now share with Italy. Andrea Pirlo presented De la Fuente's Spain side with the trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?