Euro u-21 Final
Spain are U-21 Euro champions
Goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo were enough to seal the deserved title, and a late Amiri strike proved to be just a consolation.
A slick Spain side took their revenge on Germany as they lifted the European Under-21 Championship title with a 2-1 win thanks to goals from Fabián Ruiz and Dani Olmo on Sunday.
The Spaniards had suffered a 1-0 defeat by the Germans in the 2017 final but dominated this year's showpiece at the Stadio Friuli until a late Nadiem Amiri consolation for the Germans. Fabián scored after eight minutes with a low shot into the corner and Olmo got the second in the 69th by dinking the ball over keeper Alexander Nuebel who failed to hold Fabián's drive.
Spain's Carlos Soler hit the bar in the 81st before Almiri's fine late strike but the Spaniards held on to celebrate a fifth Euro under-21 title to equal the tournament record which they now share with Italy. Andrea Pirlo presented De la Fuente's Spain side with the trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?