Neymar’s father to meet with Barcelona representative - Esporte Interativo
The PSG star has confessed to wanting to return to the Camp Nou. Barça have put the matter in the hands of André Cury.
Neymar’s father and the player’s lawyer were set to meet a representative of Barcelona, André Cury, today, Tuesday, to discuss the return of the PSG player to the Camp Nou, according to online outlet Esporte Interativo.
This report has however been denied by Neymar's father, in comments made to Fox Sports Brazil.
Neymar determined to return to Barcelona
Cury is one of Barcelona president Bartomeu’s most trusted men and was involved in the sale of Neymar. He is set to lay out the key points of the negotiation from Barcelona’s point of view to Neymar’s father and lawyer.
Neymar has taken the decision to leave PSG, despite having a contract with the French outfit running through to 2022, and he has told his father that his number one priority is to return to Barça.
Last summer PSG refused to contemplate selling the player no matter what, but this year have changed their stance and are willing to let the player go - always provided PSG receive something like the 222 million euros they paid for the striker in the summer of 2017.
According to Esporte Interativo, PSG would be interested in including other players in the deal, although so far they have not openly named Dembélé or Coutinho as possible options.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers