Joao Félix to join up with Atlético Madrid squad on Thursday
The young Benfica attacking midfielder will sign for Atlético Madrid in the next two days. Griezmann's future still up in the air.
Joao Félix's move to Atlético Madrid from Benfica is just a question of dotting the i's and crossing the t's now and the young attacking midfielder's transfer is expected to be announced on Wednesday, with the 19-year-old signing with the Spanish club for five years.
Joao Félix to train with Atlético Madrid on Thursday
Barring some late upset, the aim is for Atleti's most expensive signing - 120 million euros - to join up with Simeone's squad on Thursday, 4 July, the day Atlético Madrid return from their holidays.
Griezmann's future still up in the air
The final destination of Antoinne Griezmann is going to take longer to be known. Atleti are convinced that Barcelona are going to take their time over negotiations for the French striker, with the hope that they can reach an agreement between the clubs rather than having to pay the reduced 120 million buy-out clause, which has been in place since 1 July.
At this point, formal negotiations are yet to start and Atleti are hopeful they can convince Barcelona to let Semedo go as part of the deal, with Simeone keen to have the player on his right flank for the up-coming season.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega