Argentina deserved to make Copa América final – Scaloni
After falling to a 2-0 semi-final defeat to Brazil in Belo Horizonte, Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni said he felt his team were unlucky and deserved more.
Lionel Scaloni felt Argentina deserved to win their Copa América semi-final against Brazil after suffering a 2-0 loss on Tuesday. Argentina had their chances in Belo Horizonte, but fell after goals from Gabriel Jesus and Roberto Firmino for Brazil.
Argentina should have won - Scaloni
Sergio Agüero and Lionel Messi hit the woodwork for Scaloni's side, who enjoyed plenty of possession after the hosts opted to sit back having gone 1-0 up. Scaloni, who was unhappy with the refereeing amid suggestions Argentina could have been awarded two penalties, felt his team deserved a place in the final. "On merit, the team that should have gone to the final was Argentina," he told a news conference. "We were superior to Brazil."
The Argentina coach went on to add: "We showed that this group of players feel the shirt like nobody [else]. We leave an image for the future of this national team and a very good way forward."
Argentina batter the woodwork
Agüero hit the crossbar after Jesus' opener, while Messi struck the post in the second half, before Firmino's sealer. Asked about his future at the helm, Scaloni – in his first management job – said it was not the time to discuss his position. "I don't think it's time to talk about it, because that's the least of my worries right now," he said. "I want to be with my players and share this hard moment."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online