Real Madrid: Marcelo loses driving license after refusing breathalyzer test
O Globo reports that the Real Madrid left-back would rather pay the fine that take a breathalyzer test. He is banned from driving in Brazil for one year.
Marcelo has been spending his holidays in Río de Janeiro with his family. The defender was not called up by Tite for Brazil's Copa América campaign and from the images he has been posted on social media, appears to be having a great time - in one photograph, he was shown playing beach football on Ipanema with his son.
But it hasn't all been fun and games back home in Brazil. On Monday night, Marcelo was stopped by officers at a police drink-driving checkpoint in Lagoa, Río and told to take a breathalyzer test. It is not known whether the Real Madrid player was over the legal alcohol limit or not but according to O Globo, Marcelo refused to take the breathalyzer test, preferring instead to pay an on-the-spot fine of 2,934 reales (675 euros).
Police informed the media of the incident and added that Marcelo has had his driving license seized and has also been banned from driving in Brazil for one year. It's not the first time Marcelo has been in trouble behind the wheel. In 2013, he was stopped by Madrid police after jumping a yield sign and found to be driving while he was disqualified for accumulation of penalty points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?