Buffon set to return to Juventus as goalkeeper undergoes medical
Juventus appear set to complete an emotional reunion with legendary goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, who had a medical on Thursday.
Gianluigi Buffon arrived at Juventus to undergo a medical ahead of a stunning return to the club he left 12 months ago.
Serie A champions Juve shared footage on social media of goalkeeper Buffon greeting fans and signing autographs outside their health facility.
Buffon: a romantic return to Juventus
The 41-year-old former Italy international is tipped to sign a one-year deal in Turin, where he enjoyed astonishing success from 2001 to 2018.
Buffon, who won nine Scudetti with Juve, moved to Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the 2017-18 campaign but parted ways with the French outfit after just one season, having struggled to keep Alphonse Areola out of the line-up.
Legendary keeper Buffon
Signed from Parma almost two decades ago, World Cup winner Buffon made an emotional final appearance for Juve during the last game of the Serie A season in May 2018.
The legendary keeper somewhat overshadowed the club's Scudetto celebrations, embracing team-mates on his way off the pitch and completing a lap of honour as play continued during the match against Verona.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?