LaLiga Clásico dates for 2019/20 confirmed
Real Madrid will be hoping to put in a better showing than in last year’s Camp Nou Clásico, in which they were thrashed 5-1 by a rampant Barcelona.
The dates for the the Clásico fixtures for he the new LaLiga season will have been confirmed.
The first clash between Real Madrid and Barcelona will take place at Camp Nou on Sunday, 27 October; while the return fixture at the Santiago Bernabeu is scheduled for Sunday, 1 March, 2020.
LaLiga new draw system
This year, 99% of the fixture list has been drawn using software. The remaining 1% has been selected manually in order to avoid high risk games at certain times and Clásicos being played too early or late in the season; while also to ensure that teams play close to home ahead of the Christmas break.
Madrid fail to win any of four Clásicos last season
Real Madrid will be hoping to put in a better showing than in last year’s Camp Nou Clásico, in which they were thrashed 5-1 by a rampant Barcelona in October – a result which led to the sacking of Julen Lopetegui just four months into his tenure.
Madrid failed to win any of the proceeding three Clásico fixtures last season, with Barcelona taking the return LaLiga fixture (1-0) in the Bernabéu, as well as running out winners over the two legs of the Copa del Rey semi-final (1-1 at the Camp Nou; 0-3 at the Bernabéu).
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin