Brazil's Willian out of Copa America through injury
A hamstring injury means Willian will not feature in Brazil's Copa America final showdown against Peru in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil attacker Willian will miss Sunday's Copa America final against Peru due to a hamstring injury.
Willian injured his hamstring in Tuesday's 2-0 semi-final win over South American rivals Argentina in Belo Horizonte.
The 30-year-old, who was drafted into the squad as a replacement for injured star Neymar prior to the tournament, was a second-half substitute against Argentina.
Brazil seeking ninth Copa title
Now, Brazil – seeking their ninth Copa title and first since 2007 – will be without Willian for the decider at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed to Omnisport.
After routing Peru 5-0 on the third and final matchday in Group A, Brazil will lock horns with Ricardo Gareca's side again following their shock 2-0 win over two-time reigning champions Chile on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final