Brazil's Willian out of Copa America through injury
A hamstring injury means Willian will not feature in Brazil's Copa America final showdown against Peru in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil attacker Willian will miss Sunday's Copa America final against Peru due to a hamstring injury.
Willian injured his hamstring in Tuesday's 2-0 semi-final win over South American rivals Argentina in Belo Horizonte.
The 30-year-old, who was drafted into the squad as a replacement for injured star Neymar prior to the tournament, was a second-half substitute against Argentina.
Brazil seeking ninth Copa title
Now, Brazil – seeking their ninth Copa title and first since 2007 – will be without Willian for the decider at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed to Omnisport.
After routing Peru 5-0 on the third and final matchday in Group A, Brazil will lock horns with Ricardo Gareca's side again following their shock 2-0 win over two-time reigning champions Chile on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams
- AC Milan Ibrahimovic has no retirement plans "as long as I feel good"
- Barca president Tusquets clarifies Messi comments following Koeman criticism
- SEVILLA 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane reflects on "tough last few days"
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?