Brazil's Willian out of Copa America through injury
A hamstring injury means Willian will not feature in Brazil's Copa America final showdown against Peru in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil attacker Willian will miss Sunday's Copa America final against Peru due to a hamstring injury.
Willian injured his hamstring in Tuesday's 2-0 semi-final win over South American rivals Argentina in Belo Horizonte.
The 30-year-old, who was drafted into the squad as a replacement for injured star Neymar prior to the tournament, was a second-half substitute against Argentina.
Brazil seeking ninth Copa title
Now, Brazil – seeking their ninth Copa title and first since 2007 – will be without Willian for the decider at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed to Omnisport.
After routing Peru 5-0 on the third and final matchday in Group A, Brazil will lock horns with Ricardo Gareca's side again following their shock 2-0 win over two-time reigning champions Chile on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?