Brazil's Willian out of Copa America through injury
A hamstring injury means Willian will not feature in Brazil's Copa America final showdown against Peru in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil attacker Willian will miss Sunday's Copa America final against Peru due to a hamstring injury.
Willian injured his hamstring in Tuesday's 2-0 semi-final win over South American rivals Argentina in Belo Horizonte.
The 30-year-old, who was drafted into the squad as a replacement for injured star Neymar prior to the tournament, was a second-half substitute against Argentina.
Brazil seeking ninth Copa title
Now, Brazil – seeking their ninth Copa title and first since 2007 – will be without Willian for the decider at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed to Omnisport.
After routing Peru 5-0 on the third and final matchday in Group A, Brazil will lock horns with Ricardo Gareca's side again following their shock 2-0 win over two-time reigning champions Chile on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- PORTUGAL Cristiano reaches new milestone: 700 career goals
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham re-sign Michel Vorm as cover for injured Hugo Lloris
- VILLARREAL Giuseppe Rossi back at Villarreal
- LIGUE 1 Ligue 1: Rudy García replaces sacked Sylvinho at Lyon
- NEYMAR Neymar: PSG issue update on Brazil star's hamstring injury
- REAL MADRID Robbie Fowler: "Klopp turned down Manchester United and Real Madrid"