Raúl Albiol signs for Villarreal
The former Real Madrid player moves back to LaLiga signing for Villarreal from Napoli for a fee of four million euro.
Raúl Albiol is set to play for Villarreal CF for the next three seasons after completing his four million euro move from Serie A's Napoli. It's alleged that the deal was forged between all sides last season and could only materialise once the current deal with the Italian side concluded on June 30.
The four million fee is the same quantity as the defender's buy-out clause with the 33-year-old right back offering a defensive solidity lacking in Villarrreal's 2018-19 season as they flirted with relegation.
Yellows, let's see what you can find in this word search... 🤔 pic.twitter.com/CPefxUJJow— Villarreal CF English (@Eng_Villarreal) July 4, 2019
Raúl Albiol moves to Villarreal after spending six season with Napoli and his previous clubs in Spain include Valencia CF, Getafe and Real Madrid.
Villarreal also confirmed another new season acquisition today with winger Ruben Peña moving to Castellon from SD Eibar after spending three seasons with the Basque club.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time