Lukaku: Inter Milan need to hurry says Man Utd striker's agent
A deal to bring Romelu Lukaku to Inter from Manchester United will not be easy, according to the striker's agent, but appears to be on the cards.
Romelu Lukaku's agent Federico Pastorello said Inter are serious about signing the Manchester United striker but warned the Serie A club must make a move.
Clock ticking on Lukaku, says agent
Lukaku continues to be linked with Antonio Conte's Inter, having acknowledged a desire to play in Italy and hinted his future could be away from Old Trafford.
The 26-year-old Belgium international joined United from Everton for £75 million in 2017 and the Premier League giants want to recoup that fee as Inter circle.
After meeting Inter officials on Wednesday, Pastorello told reporters: "Nothing new. We met each other to understand better the situation. We will see what [Inter] is going to decide.
"It is not on us. If the player wants to move [to Inter] they need to hurry. He [Lukaku] is a true target. It doesn't mean it will be official.
He added: "I think that the deal is not simple to reach, anyway."
Lukaku – contracted to the Red Devils until 2022 with the option of a further year – scored 12 Premier League goals as United finished sixth in 2018-19, missing out on Champions League qualification.
He scored 15 goals across all competitions for United, who lost to Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?