Real Madrid and Arsenal in talks over Lucas Vázquez
The Galician player would prefer to play in the Premier League despite interest from the likes of Inter Milan, Bayern Munich and PSG.
Real Madrid and Arsenal are currently involved in a negotiation process that could see the winger move to North London. At present the English side are tabling a bid which totals 35 million euro (32 plus add-on's) as Madrid embark on their bid to cash in on players deemed to be surplus to requirement after their lavish outlay on the likes of Hazard, Jovic and Ferland Mendy.
Despite interest for the winger's services from clubs such as PSG, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich, a potential move to Arsenal is an attractive proposition for Vazquez with Arsenal manager Unai Emery a long-time admirer of the Spanish international.
Euro 2020, key objective
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has explained to Lucas that playing time with the club in the 2019-20 campaign would be at a premium with the arrival of the likes of Jovic and Rodrygo and that if the player is to be in contention for a place in Spain's Euro 2020 squad, then he should seek first team football away from the Bernabéu.
The Premier League transfer window closes on August 8 and with the first team expedition set to travel to Montreal Tuesday next, there is an added urgency on Madrid's side to conclude the deal as soon as possible. The club are also currently negotiating the potential sale of Dani Ceballos (to Tottenham) and in talks with Real Sociedad relating to possible moves for both Odegaard and Borja Mayoral.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training