Pochettino call convinces Ceballos
The Argentine coach spoke to the midfield player and transmitted the importance of the role awaiting him at Tottenham next season.
Things are falling into place for Tottenham in their quest to secure the services (on loan) of Dani Ceballos this summer and much of this is down to head coach Mauricio Pochettino. The Argentine spoke to the Andalusian player a few weeks ago to outline the key role that Ceballos would play in his Spurs side for the 2019-20 season.
After lifting the UEFA U-21 European Championship, Ceballos reiterated: “I want to play 40 games per season and have a key role”. This type of leading role is precisely what Pochettino was able to guarantee the current Real Madrid player as he plans his squad for the new season.
The other side actively interested in Ceballo's signature is AC Milan but the Rossonieri's exclusion for the 2019-20 Europa League and the Pochettino factor seem to swing the tide in favour of the player ending up on loan in North London.
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO The "big five" pull off first European clean sweep
- PORTUGAL Villas-Boas: "My Porto side was practically pornographic"
- Premier League Pep Guardiola has get out of Manchester free card
- Champions League Mbappé, Felix, Fati, Vinicius... Generation Z shines in UCL
- Barcelona | Neymar case Neymar's Barcelona relationship fine despite lawsuit, says father
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group