Real Madrid: Pogba would exceed the €127m paid for Joao Felix
Zinedine Zidane is insisting that president Florentino Peréz make every effort to sign Paul Pogba, whom Man United will not let go for anything less than 135 million euros.
Atlético Madrid have so far been the second biggest movers on this summer’s transfer market after announcing the signing of Joao Félix, Portuguese football’s great promise, for 127.2 million euros – a figure only beaten by Neymar (222 million euros) and Mbappé (180 million euros).
But if we speak only of Spanish football, the 19-year-old Benfica star has become the largest ever investment within our borders. But that record could soon be beaten by Real Madrid if they finally manage to tie down Paul Pogba.
Zidane insisting on Pogba
Zinedine Zidane is insisting that president Florentino Peréz and general director José Ángel Sánchez make every effort to bring the French midfielder to the Bernabéu. With Manchester United reluctant to sell him, it is understood that Peréz will not be able to secure the move for anything less than 135-140 million euros.
That would make him the most expensive ever signing in Madrid’s history, exceeding the figure paid for Bale (101 million euros), Hazard (100 million + 30 million euros in variables), and Cristiano Ronaldo (96 million euros).
Real Madrid would redeem Pogba investment in 2 years
The fee paid for Pogba would be an absolute record in Spain, given that it would exceed the 105 million euros (plus variables) paid by Barcelona for Dembélé and 120 million (plus incentives) for Coutinho. But the investment shouldn’t be an issue for Madrid, as the Frenchman is only 26 and the figure could be redeemed if they were to sell him in four or five years’ time.
Furthermore, Bernabéu directors have already carried out a study on the marketing and financial impact Pogba could have and concluded that his impact would be enormous. His commercial and marketing power is unquestionable. In two years the club would have made their money back.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?