Qatar 2022: works progressing on Lusail stadium for World Cup
The stadium is located 15 kilometres from Doha and will have a capacity for 80,000 spectators. It will host the opening ceremony and the final.
The Supreme Committee of Delivery and Legacy has stated on their official Twitter account that works are progressing well with the Lusail Stadium, one of the venues for games at the 2022 World Cup. They have also confirmed that this stadium will host the opening ceremony and the final.
According to the committee's official website, the work being undertaken will result in the stadium having a maximum capacity of 80,000 spectators, making it an ideal venue for some games from the group and knockout phases.
The expressive design of the stadium blends together modern Islamic architecture with that of the past, which was revealed in December at a prestigious celebration attended by the Prince of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, as well as official members of FIFA and the committee.
As can be seen from the photos uploaded, Qatar is enthusiastic about sharing Arab culture with the whole world. The stadium will be inaugurated next year when the works are completed.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability