Qatar 2022: works progressing on Lusail stadium for World Cup
The stadium is located 15 kilometres from Doha and will have a capacity for 80,000 spectators. It will host the opening ceremony and the final.
The Supreme Committee of Delivery and Legacy has stated on their official Twitter account that works are progressing well with the Lusail Stadium, one of the venues for games at the 2022 World Cup. They have also confirmed that this stadium will host the opening ceremony and the final.
According to the committee's official website, the work being undertaken will result in the stadium having a maximum capacity of 80,000 spectators, making it an ideal venue for some games from the group and knockout phases.
The expressive design of the stadium blends together modern Islamic architecture with that of the past, which was revealed in December at a prestigious celebration attended by the Prince of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, as well as official members of FIFA and the committee.
As can be seen from the photos uploaded, Qatar is enthusiastic about sharing Arab culture with the whole world. The stadium will be inaugurated next year when the works are completed.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"