Real Madrid agree Soro fee with Real Zaragoza
Madrid now need to thrash out personal terms with the attacking midfielder, and decide whether or not to loan him back to Zaragoza next season.
Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement with Real Zaragoza over the signing of Alberto Soro, with Los Blancos set to pay an initial 2.5m euros for the 20-year-old.
The attacking midfielder's release clause stands at 9m, but Zaragoza's pressing need for income has led the Segunda División club to negotiate a lower fee, which also includes around 2.5m in add-ons.
Madrid will now seek to agree personal terms with Soro, who is represented by Media Base Sports, an agency run by Pere Guardiola, the brother of Manchester City manager Pep.
Decision on loaning Soro back to Zaragoza must be made
Meanwhile, a decision must also be made on whether the Spain Under-18 international will be loaned straight back to Zaragoza next season, or spend the 2019/20 campaign in Madrid's 'B' team, Castilla.
It is believed that Soro, who has also been interesting Espanyol, would prefer the option of remaining at La Romareda for another year.
Would follow Vallejo in making Madrid move from Zaragoza
If Soro completes a move to the Bernabéu, he'll follow in the footsteps of fellow Zaragoza youth product Jesús Vallejo, who was signed by Madrid in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Mallorca, Galatsaray, Barça "very difficult" games
- TRANSFER NEWS Rumour has it: Manchester United planning spending spree
- ENGLAND England loss a "wake-up call", accept Kane and Southgate
- MARTIN ODEGAARD SPEAKS TO AS Odegaard: Real Sociedad's on-loan Real Madrid man talks to AS
- ATHLETICS Eliud Kipchoge breaks two-hour barrier in the marathon: 1:59:40