Juventus sign Merih Demiral from Sassuolo for €18m
Serie A champions Juventus signed defender Merih Demiral from Sassuolo.
Juventus completed the signing of Turkey defender Merih Demiral for €18million from Sassuolo on Friday. The 21-year-old joined Sassuolo from Alanyaspor in January – initially on loan with an obligation to buy – before making 14 Serie A appearances. The centre-back, a four-time Turkey international, has now joined the Serie A champions, signing a five-year deal.
"Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with U.S. Sassuolo Calcio S.r.l. for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Merih Demiral has been finalised for a consideration of €18million payable in four financial years," a Juve statement read. "Juventus and the player have signed a five-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024."
Demiral also scored two Serie A goals in his 14 matches as Sassuolo finished 11th in the table. His signing continues Juve's strengthening, with Aaron Ramsey, Luca Pellegrini, Adrien Rabiot and Gianluigi Buffon having signed for Maurizio Sarri's side ahead of 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City