Netherlands sweating on star striker Martens for USA final
Having not trained on Saturday, the Barcelona forward will undergo a late fitness test for the Women's World Cup final on the day of the game.
Lieke Martens will have a fitness test on the morning of the Women's World Cup final between Netherlands and the United States.
Martens, who plays her club football at Barcelona, was forced off in the Dutch's semi-final victory over Sweden on Wednesday because of a foot problem she suffered when celebrating her last-16 winner against Japan.
The 26-year-old was not involved in the part of training open to the media on Saturday, having done a separate recovery programme the previous day.
Netherlands to make Martens decision on Sunday
Martens had said she hoped to be fit to play in the final after the victory over the Swedes and Netherlands coach Sarina Wiegman confirmed her star forward would be assessed prior to kick-off on Sunday.
"She's preparing for the game," Wiegman said. "We're not sure if she can start but we're working on it. We don't know the outcome yet, so we'll decide tomorrow morning."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move