Netherlands sweating on star striker Martens for USA final
Having not trained on Saturday, the Barcelona forward will undergo a late fitness test for the Women's World Cup final on the day of the game.
Lieke Martens will have a fitness test on the morning of the Women's World Cup final between Netherlands and the United States.
Martens, who plays her club football at Barcelona, was forced off in the Dutch's semi-final victory over Sweden on Wednesday because of a foot problem she suffered when celebrating her last-16 winner against Japan.
The 26-year-old was not involved in the part of training open to the media on Saturday, having done a separate recovery programme the previous day.
Netherlands to make Martens decision on Sunday
Martens had said she hoped to be fit to play in the final after the victory over the Swedes and Netherlands coach Sarina Wiegman confirmed her star forward would be assessed prior to kick-off on Sunday.
"She's preparing for the game," Wiegman said. "We're not sure if she can start but we're working on it. We don't know the outcome yet, so we'll decide tomorrow morning."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online