Atlético de Madrid agree fee for Benfica promise Ivan Saponjic
The 21-year-old forward is one of the pearls of Benfica's reserves. He was a world champion at Under-20 level with Veljko Paunovic's Serbia.
Atlético de Madrid have strengthened their attack with the addition of Ivan Saponjic who joins from Benfica. Atleti's technical department have been searching for a player to compliment or deputise for Álvaro Morata and Diego Costa - someone who can fill the vacant role which Nikola Kalinic is expected to leave when he moves on. Saponjic, who turns 22 next month, fits the bill. The young Serbia striker spent last season playing for Benfica's reserves in the LigaPro; in 2015, he was part of Veljko Paunovic's Serbia Under-20 side that were crowned world champions in New Zealand, scoring two goals at the tournament.
Atlético have reached an agreement with Benfica for the striker, who some commentators have compared to Mario Mandzukic, with the Portuguese club retaining a percentage of the player's economic rights as a safeguard should he be sold on at a later date. Saponjic is expected to arrive in Madrid this afternoon to undergo a medical revision.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby