Barcelona pip PSG to the signing of English youngster Louie Barry
The prolific 16-year-old striker signs with Barcelona after doing a medical in Paris on Thursday before having a change of heart.
Barcelona have beaten out competition from PSG to the signing of rising young English star, Louie Barry according to ESPN. The 16-year-old was in France to undergo a medical with the Ligue 1 side but changed his mind at the last moment, flew to Barcelona and signed with the club on Saturday.
He will earn less money in Spain but was convinced by the sporting opportunities at La Masia.
The striker turned 16 in June and was reluctant to leave West Brom, the club he joined at age six. They were understandably keen to keep Barry according to the report and they offered him a one year scholarship following by a two year professional contract and assurances that he would be fast-tracked into the first team.
Red Bull Leipzig, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Man United and Juventus were all interested in the player who has netted 19 goals in 18 games for England at underage level. He will join Barça's under-19 side for the coming season.
Barcelona will have to pay €130,000 to West Brom for the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...