Barcelona pip PSG to the signing of English youngster Louie Barry
The prolific 16-year-old striker signs with Barcelona after doing a medical in Paris on Thursday before having a change of heart.
Barcelona have beaten out competition from PSG to the signing of rising young English star, Louie Barry according to ESPN. The 16-year-old was in France to undergo a medical with the Ligue 1 side but changed his mind at the last moment, flew to Barcelona and signed with the club on Saturday.
He will earn less money in Spain but was convinced by the sporting opportunities at La Masia.
The striker turned 16 in June and was reluctant to leave West Brom, the club he joined at age six. They were understandably keen to keep Barry according to the report and they offered him a one year scholarship following by a two year professional contract and assurances that he would be fast-tracked into the first team.
Red Bull Leipzig, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Man United and Juventus were all interested in the player who has netted 19 goals in 18 games for England at underage level. He will join Barça's under-19 side for the coming season.
Barcelona will have to pay €130,000 to West Brom for the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week