Morientes backs Real Madrid to sign Paul Pogba
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba would be a welcome addition to the Real Madrid squad, according to Fernando Morientes.
Former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes can understand why Zinedine Zidane is so determined to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.
Pogba's agent Mino Raiola made it clear this week that the France international is seeking a move away from Old Trafford and Madrid are considered the favourites to land his signature.
Head coach Zidane has previously talked up the possibility of signing the World Cup winner, who was named in the PFA Premier League Team of Year last season despite attracting widespread criticism for some of his performances.
Zidane "pushing a lot" to sign Pogba
But while Morientes believes Pogba would be a good addition to Madrid's squad, he expects former team-mate Zidane to offload players before pushing to bring in the wantaway United midfielder.
"I think he is a great player, but Real Madrid need to let some players leave before signing others," he told reporters.
"There are many good players in the Real Madrid midfield but Pogba is one of the best there is.
"Zidane is pushing a lot to sign him. I think when a coach wants a player it is because he knows he is going to do good things, so if Pogba came he would be a good signing for Real Madrid."
Despite Raiola's comments on Friday, Pogba has travelled to Australia for the start of United's pre-season tour.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim